Monday, September 19, 2005

Teaching philosophy

I've been looking at picking up mo' better teaching opps. el centro is fun, but sadly is also decidedly unremunerative. glad to have any job in my field, of course, but...a better-paying gig would be nice.

so most places want you to have a dossier that includes your resume, professional references, writing sample, and so forth. part of the so forth is a statement of your philosophy of teaching. so in getting my dossier in order, i gotta do these bits. so i did a draft of my teaching philosophy early this morning. i was going to do it last night, but when I started with "it's solid waste management, basically; we're just moving product through", Dawn protested.

shannon the wonderful hopkins is in the house from england for a few days, so that's cool.

did yall see doonesbury this Sunday? about the president's vacation schedule? funny, and critical, without the viciousness of a lot of political criticism. that's a model way of doing it, I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger pickleandcake said...

email it to me!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hm. I've never looked at Doonesbury online. If I get a chance, I'll look later on today.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home