Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tired Puppies

Well, it's late, but I'm happy.

I go to Austin tomorrow to do some training for ECN.

Today and yesterday I finished Donald Davidson's Subjective Intersubjective Objective, Habermas's On the Pragmatics of Social Interaction and his Legitimation Crisis, and something else. I'm finally starting to read Shakespeare again. It's amazing how much "MacBeth" is like Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, but far more compact, of course. And I've just started Habermas's huge On the Pragmatics of Communication; I figure I may as well go ahead and finish reading his whole ouevre (sp?), since I got so far into it in the dissertation.

Dawn and I have been working on livable scheduling. It looks like between Sunday morning and Monday mornings I'll get a full Sabbath day each week, which is very healthy.

I speak this upcoming week at Lower Greenville. I really do miss the week-in, week-out discipline of speaking exegetically, but fitting into an occasional rotation is exactly the right thing to be doing right now.

Jonathan and Beth started school yesterday. Senior and sophomore years. Wow. How did Dawn and I ever make it this far? And they're so cool; may the gnats of a thousand camels come to mate in my armpits if I don't really pay attention to them both this year. If nothing else, I can now these days say that, at long last, I at least know Job One when I see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger some chick said...

that's a lot of gnats.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Curran said...

I second the gnat thing.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home