Tuesday, December 08, 2009

wowsers

So I got like a million books and much love and silly things and mostly pleasant, slightly embarrassing reminiscences for my 50th. It makes it very hard to get my grump on. Jonathan and Beth coming for Christmas, expressed appreciation, upper-level administrative support at work, a wife who likes me, assistance with Diane from various and sundry lovely people, the upcoming Oxford trip--it all makes griping about home repairs and finances much less rewarding.

Now reading term papers and giving final exams. But the afterglow of a bash at Naseem and Ruben's, a dozen Facebook well-wishes, and an evening at Bengal Coast with Dawn lingers...I even got to watch a little football and squeeze in a little bathroom reading in my new history of the AngloSaxons. A brief foray into paradise's entry hall, this...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home