Thursday, June 16, 2005

Knee-deep in the Hoopla

There is no acceptable reason to not blog as far as one's blogophiliacs are concerned I know. But I've been off teaching summer school, a good thing all in all. I made them all draw Plato's cave. What a fabulous range, from stick-figure drawings like mine to elaborate canvases-to-be.

Bits of the scenery around here...

It's Joanna Brown's deathiversary week. Dawn is feeling it a lot. So she's doing some memorial gardening in the back yard.

Kent got the almost-clear. Yay! About time. Trying to figure out how to get back into normal life is a much superior problem to have compared with trying to figure out childcare while you go in for a bone marrow transplant. So hooray, and more happy Kent news to come!

At some point I need to grow up about scheduling. Now would be a good time. Prayer would be nice on this point. It's really inexcusable to miss an appointment of any kind ever.

Feeling old and immature at the same time is a downer.

On the up side, Jonathan got his handy-dandy Tamil phrase book the other day, which will be cool whether he gets to use it in his senior thesis research or not. I got a first installment from a generous supporter on a rebuild-my-theological-library project. And I finished an article for the Baptists for which I actually got paid. And I've got two little book reviews coming out. So happy things these are, and I will dwell on them.

2 Comments:

Blogger pickleandcake said...

nice to know a general happiness of small things is going around. things are nice here too. i even ate breakfast this morning (even though i biked at the same time). please let me know also where i may read your writings!

hope to see you guys in august when i plan to venture east post-you in england, pre-beth and jonathan in school (w/ danny and hopefully kristen in tow!).

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Joshua is trying to fix me up with Swim, his new software, which will let me do all the online publishing stuff. But basic blogger won't. And lgbc.net is still in server hell. So nada for nunc. Sorry. Looking forward to seeing you/yall in August.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home