Sunday, June 05, 2005

Confessions

I think I neglected to mention last time that I was sneaking off to the bathroom periodically to read Peter Watson's The Modern Mind. Finished that. Whew.

Kristen asked me to fess up as to whether I was reading any fiction. I'm a third of the way into Stephen Lawhead's Avalon, which is great, but I just can't get back to it.

Summer school starts this week. Must persecute the little freshman, yes, yes, must make their eyes glaze and mouths fall slac--uh, oh, uh, sorry. Getting a little too excited there.

I have to say, losing this spring's crop of med people is gonna hurt. Josh, Janiece, and Ryan (with Aiden in tow and Isaac in sling) are off to Oklahoma City; Jon (to be followed by Abigail and Sam) will settle in for a long residency in St. Louis; and Adam will be keeping an LGBC beachhouse for us all down in Galveston. It's all so good. But ouch. Adam is one of those supernaturally natural outreach people, as well as a great worship leader. The Loyds plunged in right from the beginning, taking responsibilities other, older, "more appropriate" people were dodging as fast as possible. Ryan wrote the great 'community on a pilgrimage' piece for LGBC's formation into a church (which you can read if we ever extricate the website from server purgatory). And Jon and Ab have been with us almost from the beginning--I think we met in 1996. So this graduation hurts--for all the right reasons, but still.

those who haven't been to the BabySwiss in a while need to come by the house and experience The Comfy Chair, which we got for Dawn's birthday. "A loveseat for Thames-sized people, comfy and enticing for all": that's our new motto.

3 Comments:

Blogger pickleandcake said...

Oof...those are some amazing people going off in the world to spread their amazing-ness to decidedly none-us people. Not fair! Well, ok, pretty much fair. But not enjoyable. Send my kisses and missing to them.

7:45 PM  
Blogger some chick said...

you lied to me.. you ARE reading fiction.....

8:58 AM  
Blogger Henna Hippie Mama said...

Ouch is very right....I just got done with having a ginormous group of kids and just enough adults to keep everyone happy and safe. It was an awesome time with everyone, especially with mama, toddler, and baby Lloyd. (sigh). We'll miss those wonderful people.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home